Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Gamingheap Special - Endeavours In Oblivion - PS3 (Part 2)

Gamingheap Special - Endeavours In Oblivion - PS3

PART 2

Playing this game, i've noticed, it does take quite a while to level up. I've been playing it for a good 8 to 10 hours now and i've only leveled up 6 times! You have to increase specific skills, like Heavy Armour and Blade etc. to level up. I'm getting the hang of fighting now. I can take about 2 foes on my own, but i struggle with 3 or more. Longswords seem to do the trick because they're relatively fast compared to 2 handed Claymores.

The Dark Brotherhood made many more contracts for me... like going into a small fort filled with 5 or 6 heavily armed guards and placing some poison in a medicine cabinet... or when i had to kill a whole Pirate crew aboard their ship... or when i had to kill the retired head of the Imperial Legion while he was half-naked swimming in a lake... and finally having to "Purify" the Cheydinhal sanctuary by killing all of the Brotherhood members in there! Now that was hard! Especially when i had to go against a massive ogre with reinforced steel armour and a double handed battle-axe that spewed flames at me!

I'm trying to perfect my sneak skill so i can steal things from shops and pickpocket enemies and such easier. It will be helpful to get better equipment and more gold. Like DJPimpDaddy told me, if you get your sneak skill high, you can literally just pickpocket bosses for their stuff!

I even amassed a small fortune of 7500 gold pieces, 5000 of which i spent on an old battered manor which is haunted, so ghosts keep killing me in violent numbers! Only silver, magic and daedric weapons can kill ghosts. I only have 10 Silver Arrows and a Silver Claymore.

The scale of this game is pretty immense. There's countless quests, there's just SO many of them! It never ends. The game's map is enormous in itself, it sometimes takes me a good 10 to 15 minutes to get where i want to! There's nothing wrong with this though, i usually gain experience by fighting enemies on the way.
Today has been a good, long, hardcore session of Oblivion gaming... tomorrow probably will be too!

4 comments:

DJPimpDaddy said...

Its funny, I JUST played that quest last night where you swap the medicine for poison, and the latter one where you shoot the guy with the Arrow of Rose. I was thinking about sending you a message to join the Brotherhood lol!

Just a semi spoiler warning: make sure you complete all the Brotherhood quests BEFORE you attempt to become a Knights of the Nine. I did it backwards and regret it.

I am filling out all the side quests still and I am at level 30 and climbing. The sneak is REAL nice. I practially don't wear armor anymore. Why carry armor if you never need it? I sneak attack everything from range with magic or my bow and get a +6 to attack. I can one hit kill most everything, but the few beings that see me I can drop before they get to me. There were a few bosses that took a few hits but over all, I walk past most enemies(and perhaps lift a few coin lol).

Glad to hear you enjoy it. Did you take up my challenge of walking the perimeter of the world yet? Oh the loot and battles that would be!

I will have to try and film that and upload to Youtube.

Blake said...

sheesh, it took me this long to find your site. I had lost the link and like an idiot, didn't think to type in gameheap.blogspot. Cause I have the brain the size of a peanut. I found it now, so all is well in LaLa Land.

DJPimpDaddy said...

I had the same problem. I kept putting down gameheap too!

I though that he had fallen off the edge of the net (which actually is in Ecuador I think).

All my bookmarks and cross-blog embedded links had to be manually redone. I think if anything I am NEVER renaming my site lol.

Oli said...

Lol, sorry about that!