Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Trailer Evaluation: Judge Dredd Vs. Zombies

I am a massive fan of 2000AD and Judge Dredd is by far my favourite comic book character. I've read over half of the comics as far as I know and I have played the game 'Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs. Death' produced by Rebellion in 2003 on the PlayStation 2 and PC. Now a new game is coming to the iOS (I don't own any Apple technology unfortunately)...




Here are my thoughts on what I can see and hear in the video above...

  • The game's interface and overall look seems well polished and definitely has the unique style of futuristic the comics established. Judge Dredd is easily recognizable, all the fonts look good and the backdrop of Mega-City One looks just right. A menu is scene that shows weapons - these weapons match the style of the previous game and the comics which is another good point.
  • The voice acting isn't great and seems a little bit too exaggerated but it is just a small iPhone game so this doesn't really ruin anything. It also provides a good laugh!
  • The whole zombie horde survival has become some what of a cliche in the past decade but the arcade, shoot-em-up style of the game looks entertaining. Besides there were zombies in the previous game so it does fit.
  • Top-down camera views on games are like Marmite - you either absolutely hate them or love them. I personally really like the top-down feel, especially on games such as Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the DS.



Overall it looks like a fairly decent and amusing arcade shooter that would probably keep me occupied for a while if I owned an iPhone.

Check out IGN's article here!

No comments: