Pages

Sunday 17 April 2011

Gamingheap Special - Vanquishing The Darkspawn in Dragon Age: Origins - PS3 (Part 2)

Gamingheap Special -
Vanquishing Darkspawn in Dragon Age Origins
- PS3

PART 2

Continuing from my last post I've played just over 10 hours on this game and I am starting to get the hang of the controls and the feel of the game. I made my way to a small settlement which contained dozens of refugees that had made their way away from the approaching Darkspawn horde. I bought a plentiful supply of healing items and injury kits here, both at very high prices. I find selling armour and weapons I've found on my travels to be a good way to earn money. Also the chantry in the settlement had a quest board and I earned a good amount of money from doing the quests listed there.

I'm still finding it hard do defeat large groups of enemies, I've got the best armour I could find equipped to a 4 man party (well a 2 man party plus Morrigan the witch and my Mabari Hound Dog). I think I need to level up some more and stock up on healing items.

I also made it to this town called Redcliffe where every night an undead horde came to the town and cilled the townsfolk. The town militia and my party finished the undead off then I had to go into the castle. I found out that the Arl had been poisoned by a illegal blood mage that the lady of the castle had employed to train her son how to contain his new-found magical powers. Anyway... the boy was taken over by a demon and now I have to find a way to defeat the demon. That's about as far as I've got so far. All in all, I'm liking this game so far, but I think I may return to Oblivion for a while soon, who knows.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Sounds like a cool game. I've been feeling like playing Oblivion lately too but my 10 year old brothers ALWAYS playing it. Can't even get the disc off him. So I'll have to wait till he finishes it or gets bored of it haha.

Kelli said...

Dragon Age is one of those games where you get overwhelmed sometimes, but so far I'm doing good. If you think redcliffe was something wait till you get to the mages circle.... but I'm sure you'll get by :)